Saturday, January 1, 2022

Festive Farewells

Hello everyone.

I'd like to offer all of the kinds souls who have given us their wholehearted support a belated Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.  It's because of you that I have enjoyed lifting the curtain and sharing with you my thought processes and the rationale that goes into my many localization decisions with Rosenkreuzstilette.  You are the reason why I was able to endure, even when life pummelled me with insufferably melodramatic plot twists.  Honestly, I was extremely tempting to just end it all and be done with it many, many times.

No, I don't mean suicide (though the thought has crossed my mind).  I mean giving up on what I thought was my calling.   What, until recently, had been my passion and motivation in life.

I'm disheartened to say that this will be one of my last posts on this blog.  It's a long story that will be difficult (in many senses of the word) to summarize, but I feel it's necessary to share with you some of the traumatic events that have played out these past few years (and the subsequent events that forced me to postpone writing about them).  It's within this context that I was attacked by one of our own, and why I have decided that the struggle just isn't worth it anymore.

Thank you again for all of your support over these years.  My crew and I couldn't have come this far without you.  I'll be back to lay things out as soon as I've found the right words to communicate how I'm feeling right now.

4 comments:

  1. Do you have a Twitter account? I would like to chat around with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, for your own sake, if you aren't working with a counselor or other professional, do this. It's worth it. It'll probably be the best use of your time, money, and mental/emotional energy in your life. Work on being the best version of you that you can be.

    If you are seeing a counselor and it's not working out, switch to another one, as sometimes it takes time to find the right fit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck in your future endeavors. Your work has meant a lot for me and many of my friends. Stay strong brother.

    ReplyDelete