Sunday, January 24, 2010
It's contest time!
It's the moment you've all been waiting for! It's Schwer and Schwer Alike's Rosenkreuzstilette Fan Contest! Now, many of the Schwer readers are a very talented bunch, some in art, some in gaming skills, some in writing. Because of this, it's hard to really come up with a proper contest that doesn't alienate anyone. As a result, I have come up with a solution that will give anyone and everyone a chance at the prize.
This competition is for true Rosenkreuzstilette fans. You love it. You play it. You draw it. Maybe you live it. So what's the challenge? Show your fandom. Use your creativity and your talents to create a masterpiece that shows the judges (me) that you are the biggest RKS fan and deserve the prize. Remember: Anyone can draw a picture. Anyone can make a website. Anyone can save a replay. However, a true fan will create something grand, something beyond that. The tools are out there, and heart and passion are what count. Go for it.
There are two prizes being offered for the winner, though I need to send some e-mails to make sure the second prize is okay. First is Kiora's Unofficial Rosenkreuzstilette AfterStory release at Comiket 77. I received two copies, and I have put the better-looking copy aside for this contest. I'm always keeping you guys in mind! I will announce the second prize when I get the okay.
Rules and Regulations:
- If you win, you will need to provide your name and address so I can send you the prize. If you do not feel comfortable providing these, then, unless there is an alternative, you can't get anything, even if you win.
- This needs to be your work. Chances are I won't be able to run checks to confirm whether something is truly yours or not, but this contest is all in good fun, and I would hope no one is petty enough to cheat.
- Have fun with this. I'm not out to create something that will stress people out or stir up bad relations. This is meant to be a fun contest by a fan for the fans.
- Time, effort, and dedication are the keys here. Remember that expenses do not necessarily correlate to scale and result.
- If you have no interest in the contest and just want to show off your fandom, you can do that too! Be sure to note that in your submission.
All entries must be received by April 1st, 2010. That gives you guys over two months to create your best display of RKS fandom. Whatever you do, make it awesome. To submit your work, send it to our e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the end of the contest, I will compile every single entry for a site page or post and send a link to [erka:es] to show them that they have created something amazing and that we appreciate their hard work and ideas. It made Schwer and Schwer Alike possible, it brought us as a fandom together, through good times and bad, and it will let them know that RKS Freudenstachel's release is anticipated worldwide. I imagine that all game developers want to see the fruits of their labor appreciated, so let's make it happen. Everyone, spread the word! Let's make this the best showing of our fandom yet.