Wednesday, April 1, 2009
RKS Challenge 007: Lusteful Thinking
Alright, I'm going to have to walk you through some steps to get this challenge to work properly, so bear with me. We at Darkside-Zeppy have been hard at work trying to put this one together, and we hope that it's paid off. In this challenge, you'll have to save the day as the Hero of Justice, Luste Teuber! Err, I mean, UNBEKKANT!
It is very important that you back up all of your original .dat files. I cannot stress this enough. We have had to explain this to a few testers who have been helping us. In the event that something goes wrong (which is unlikely but still possible), you will want to have everything backed up so you do not have to reinstall the game for one specific .dat file.
Download the "RKS Luste Mod" here. I have temporarily stored it on my Mediafire account; soon, we will move it to dedicated file storage for the upcoming new RKS website. Inside the .zip, you will find modified versions of the following files:
- rks.exe - The executable for the game.
- scenario.dat - Where the new script and scenario are stored.
- player.dat - Where the Luste action scripts are located.
- system.dat - File modded to allow the game access to the new Luste files.
You will also find a new folder called "ex_luste", which is designed to act similarly to the "ex_freudia" folder for RKS Freudenstachel; this is where the important Luste graphic files can be found. Because the mod uses no unique sound effects or stage graphics, only a graphic file is included. All voice clips, SFX, and graphics are pulled from the existing RKS .dat files.
Replace and add all the necessary files in their respective directories. The .zip archives the files in a manner similar to the original file archive for RKS, so everything should be self-explanatory. If everything is put in its proper place, the mod will be installed.
Our resident programmer, TDOMMX (from the Darkside part of Darkside-Zeppy), has implemented the mod so that it can only be accessed by a button code at the company logo screen, much like with the Grollschwert Another Mode (which is Left, Right, Weapon Change R, Weapon Change L at the [erka:es] screen, in case you were unaware). Because of how simple the input is for Grollschwert (I actually stumbled upon the Grollschwert mode originally myself), he has taken the liberty of making a slightly more complicated code. To access Hero of Justice Luste Mode, do the following:
Wait 2 seconds and then quickly enter Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Weapon Change L, Weapon Change R, Shot, Jump.
The code may seem familiar to you for obvious reasons. If entered correctly, the "Warning!" symbol will appear as per the norm, but instead of hearing "Grollschwert!" or "Seelegewehr!", you will hear Luste say "Ah! Asobo!". We really didn't feel like making a complete unique title screen or options menu, so it will appear the same as Spiritia's, only with Luste's awesome stage theme playing over it.
Here's some quick info about HoJ Luste:
- Her only attack is Lustatem, but it is chargeable and has infinite ammo.
- She can jump higher than both Spiritia and Grolla; unfortunately, we did not implement a hover/flight mechanic.
- Her stage boss is Spiritia. (This will later be changed to Doppelganger Luste in the next revision of the mod.)
- Her attack power is greatly improved, but her defense is lower than even that of Grolla's. She will only take 3-4 hits before dying.
Now that Luste is ready for action, the challenge begins!
Enter that password to start with Silberflugel Eins, Silberflugel Zwei, and Lilli, and head over to Trauare's stage. Complete the stage in the fastest time, and you win the challenge and, lest we forget, the cash prize!
- You may use any available means to complete the stage. No strings attached this time.
- You must take the lower path in Trauare's stage. (At the mid-level checkpoint, take the path that requires you to slide instead of the ladder path.)
- Because of Luste's defense, taking damage will actually decrease your time by 1 second. This is nullified, however, if you die.
That's all there is to it!
To submit your replays, please use the RosenkreuzStilette Uploader Site. Please follow these easy instructions.
1) Name the .rpy files whatever you want and upload the zip here. (Note: Please make sure your replay is in a .zip archive.)
2) Enter "Lusteful Thinking" in the comment box.
3) Click here to upload the file.
Godspeed, Luste! Show the world your warrior's pride!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I haven't even downloaded it yet, but it's the first of April so yeah...ReplyDelete
eh....somehow I download the mod but the code didn't work, any idea why?ReplyDelete
April 1st. 'nuff said.ReplyDelete
excuse me, after downloading the .rar file, where to put the ex_luste folder?ReplyDelete